Pages

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Brew Blast: Field Mouse's Farewell

After a brief break (i.e.-I haven't had any new beers), Brew Blast returns.  I literally just got home from the store where I spent some of the birthday gift card that has been burning a hole in my pocket, on beer.  I picked up a few things for the blog (yeah, that's the ticket) and now I present the first:

Pretty Things: Field Mouse's Farewell

Pretty Things is a local brewery that makes some pretty interesting beers.  Their bottle artwork is pretty eye catching and generally quite beautiful.  Their beers tend to be artful also, sometimes a bit too artsy for me, but they rarely disappoint.  
Field Mouse's Farewell is their Amber Saison seasonal.  I'm not big on saison's, for some reason they tend to give me instant and harsh heartburn, so I try to stay away from them.  I didn't realize this was a saison when I bought it, I was kind of swayed by the charming art and name.  

That said, I have been drinking this for the past few minutes and so far so good.  It's citrusy and has a lot of orange spicy-ness, it's a hearty tasting brew, but I find saisons often are.  A pint bottle runs about $7 and is 7% alcohol.  It's pleasant and a bit sweet, but not overly so, with a hint of hops.  

I'm finding it hard to say anymore, since I'm not big on this style, but I am enjoying it, so I give it a thumbs up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment