Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

Malta Goya!

No, that's not a foreign greeting, it's a drink. From Goya to be exact. I have seen this malt soda in the supermarket for years but have never tried it. I have heard from a few people that had tried the drink that it was gross. I have had Goya's other sodas many times, my favorites are the pineapple and coconut sodas, and their ginger beer is surprisingly spicy!

So this past week while making a quick food run I decided I was going to give it a try since all I would be out is a whole .59!

I was expecting something something super sweet due to it's very dark, almost stout-like color. It turns out the soda has a nice barley flavor and is lightly carbonated. It's not overly sweet and actually quiet pleasant especially if you like barley. It reminds me of the way the house smells when brewing beer with my friend!

I'm sorry it took me so long to give this Malt Soda a try, I don't think I'll drink it a lot, it's got a lot of sugar in it and hardly a health drink but it's definitely going to move into the occasional rotation along with the other Goya drinks I like and it is most certainly not gross.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure that NOTHING tastes gross when imbibed from a Warlock pint glass. For foreign made drinks, I'll have to get you to try some IRN-BRU if you haven't tried it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had IRN_BRU! When we were in London I grabbed a can the first time I saw it. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete