Pages

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Brew Battle: Saranac Pumpkin Ale

Before we get to the party, I'd like to take this opportunity to point out the new header for the blog, I decided to update it this morning.  I think it's less clumsy looking than the previous one.  Okay, enough patting myself on the back, here we go!

--------------------
Brew Battle returns, again, yes, I bought a lot of pumpkin beer, no I don't have a problem...unless you count not enough time to drink all the available pumpkin beers a problem, and I do.  LET'S GET TO IT!


Saranac: Our Pumpkin Ale

Saranac, from NY, is one of my go-to's.  I have yet to find a bad beer out of this brewery.  I have had this before, but I had not seen this jug style bottle before stumbling across it in my local shop.  It's a quart of brew and only runs $4.99!  What a deal (he said in a Zoidberg voice)! This beer clocks in at 5.4%, so slightly above average.
It's got a lovely red color, a bit of a caramel sweetness up front and a bit of a cinnamon pumpkin finish.  It's sweet, but not cloyingly so, I would say it's very easy to drink.  It could be more pumpkiny but it's a very nice cool weather beverage. It also comes in a pretty cool bottle, which is temping to keep and use as a seasonal decoration.  I had previously had this in the Fall 12 pack mix, so it's nice to see it available on it's own.

That's is for now, stay tuned for my next pumpkin beer post...coming soon, since I drank the beer last night and just have to type the post up ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment